Are Super Thin Sunglasses Better?
The Benefits of Lightweight Polarized Sunglasses
Thin is definitely in when it comes to polarized sunglasses. New technology allows manufacturers to use thinner and thinner materials all the time. But are super thin sunglasses better? It all depends on what you’re looking for in your next pair.
Is comfort your top priority? If so, you should definitely consider super thin sunglasses. Generally speaking, the thinner the lens, the lighter the weight — and that means super thin sunglasses are less likely to dig into your nose or slide down your face.
Does fashion matter to you? Usually, when we talk about style, frames get most of the attention. But lenses play a role, too, and many people believe a super thin lens looks better. Maybe that’s because it’s less noticeable and draws more attention to the frames!
Concerned about clarity? Glass lenses typically deliver the most crisp optics, but glass can feel too heavy for some people. Today’s super thin sunglasses offer clarity nearly identical to glass but with much less weight.
If you’re ready to start shopping for super thin sunglasses, Maui Jim offers plenty of options. Here they are in order from lightest to heaviest:
- MauiPure® LT, our newest lenses, were inspired by the architecture of feathers. They’re our thinnest, lightest and strongest lens material ever, weighing as little as two sheets of paper.
- MauiPure® lenses combine optics almost as crisp as SuperThin Glass with an ultra-lightweight feel.
- MauiBrilliant™ lenses feature optics nearly as clear as glass but at just one-third of the weight.
- Maui Evolution® lenses bring together the best properties of SuperThin Glass and polycarbonate for a lightweight, scratch- and impact-resistant material.
- SuperThin Glass lenses offer the absolute crispest optics available. They’re 32% thinner and lighter than standard glass.