How to Sanitize Your Sunglasses & Eyeglasses
Prevent the Spread of Illnesses by Keeping Your Maui Jim Eyewear Clean
In these uncertain and evolving times, we want you to know how to safely and effectively clean your Maui Jim eyewear so that you can do your part in reducing the spread of illnesses—including COVID-19. When heading outside the home for essential activities, we touch many different surfaces with our hands, and then use our hands to touch or adjust our eyewear. Just as you wash your hands upon returning home, we recommend you clean your eyewear (sunglasses or eyeglasses) when returning from any outing away from your home.
HOW TO SANITIZE YOUR SUNGLASSES & EYEGLASSES
- Dish soap (no added fragrances or moisturizers)
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Rinse the glasses under a stream of lukewarm water to wash away dust and debris.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of dish soap to each lens. Use your fingers to clean every part of the lens and frame.
- Rinse off all of the soap with lukewarm water, shake off excess water, and dry gently with a microfiber cloth.
- We also recommend that you wash your microfiber cleaning cloth regularly with a detergent that doesn’t have any added fabric softeners.
For more information on how to care for your Maui Jim eye wear, explore our Care & Cleaning page. Remember to also follow personal safety practices established by the CDC and your local authorities. Stay safe and be well. Remember, the beauty of a rainbow follows the storm.